This chat with Shaun ‘The Wild Thing’ Tait cannot be missed. Shaun is a former Australian Cricketer and one of the world’s fastest bowlers of all-time. He’s played for different organisations all around the world, dabbled in entrepreneurship and is currently bowling coach for Pakistan.
In this episode with Shaun we dive into:
– His childhood growing up with his Dad and Brother
– Coping with the sudden loss of his Dad
– The importance of self-awareness and ownership in team environments
– Walking away from Cricket, while playing for Australia with mental health challenges
– The real life of a professional athlete / coach
– The challenges of living away from family
– Strategies to move forward from set backs in high pressure situations
– How sport has had a positive impact on his mental wellbeing
– Life away from cricket
More About Shaun
Shaun played 3 test matches, 35 one day internationals and 21 T20’s for Australia. He’s represented 15 professional teams (more clubs than Tiger Woods). In 2007 Shaun was a key member of Australia’s World Cup winning team, where he was named in the World 11 for the tournament. In 2010 Shaun bowled a delivery clocked at 161.1kph, the second-fastest of all-time.
Shaun met his lovely wife Mashoom, while playing in the Indian Premier League and they now have a beautiful daughter together. Shaun is currently based in the UK, however for the past 12 months has been travelling with the Pakistan Cricket team and has spent a considerable amount of time in Pakistan.
Shaun has also invested in a hotel and other various other ventures.
You can reach Shaun here: