December 9, 2021
Episode #7 | Meagan Hart – How to Go about setting up a positive education program at your school
This is a brilliant episode for educators and wellbeing leaders who are looking for ideas on how to execute wellbeing across your whole school or add to what you are already doing. Wellbeing leader Meagan Hart of Gilles Street Primary School shares:
- fun and unexpected ways to cultivate staff wellbeing
- how to include wellbeing in the yard
- how to engage students, staff and families when it comes to reviewing school values
- the challenges that a small wellbeing team faces and the importance of forming a supportive committee
- Ideas on how to execute wellbeing across your whole school
Lot’s of takeaways to apply:)
More About Meagan
Meagan’s career in teaching has spanned over 22 years. She started her career at The Pines Primary School in Adelaide as a Year 6/7 teacher. She spent some time at The Pines as the acting School Counsellor, and then moved to Darwin to teach. These experiences ultimately led to Meagan’s passion for working in the area of student wellbeing.
She’s currently the Student Wellbeing Leader at Gilles Street Primary School in Adelaide’s CBD and has been in this role for the last 2 years. And she’s been appointed to the role again in 2022.
Meagan has 3 children of her own and is passionate about supporting the mental health and wellbeing of children and enabling them to have a genuine voice in decisions affecting their lives.