Episode #8 | Shawn Kasbergen – How To Create & What a Wellbeing Framework Looks Like Across a School From ELC – Year 12
This episode has something for everyone, whether you oversee the wellbeing of a school from ELC to Year 12, oversee the wellbeing of a primary or high school, whether you are a Principal, school leader or importantly a teacher. Director of Wellbeing of Scotch College Adelaide shares:
- the why and the how of creating a whole school approach to wellbeing
- the schools wellbeing framework – Scotch FIT and why it’s important to name your whole school approach
- what Scotch’s whole school approach looks like, including internal and external programs
- the importance of student, staff and parent agency, when it comes to wellbeing
- student and staff stories of the benefits of a whole school approach to wellbeing
- plus tips and tricks and much more
Make sure you grab a note pad and pen.
More About Shawn
Shawn is a passionate educator with a heart for student wellbeing. With 20 years experience and 9 years as a Senior Leader across multiple schools, Shawn has been a Head of Faculty, Head of House, a Head of Middle School and is currently the Director of student Wellbeing at Scotch College, where he has spent the last 6 years leading the College’s strategic and innovative approach to wellbeing and mental health in education. He has spoken nationally and internationally on the topics of creativity, innovation and wellbeing.
On a personal level, Shawn is proud husband and father of 2 young children, an avid cyclist – racing with Norwood Cycling club, a huge NBA and AFL fan.